About Me

I am a lover of story and the stories behind stories.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

...and rest myself again in the miracles of God's creation

I went into the woods to find myself,

To find the essential nature in myself
which I had left by the wayside.
I went into the woods to restore my soul,
to find my peace again,
and rest myself in the miracles of God’s creation
which we have taken for granted,
To make myself again
That which I once was.
--Ilene D.O. Swartz

I’m heading to the woods this week. Well, the shore. Well, the woods by the shore. I’m going camping - something I haven’t done in a number of years. I’m probably expecting too much of the experience. I hope it will help me write. I hope it will help me feel healthy again. It may be an ordeal. I haven’t gone since I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. But I’m going out there and I’m going to try it. And I hope to bring back some stories…

No comments:

Post a Comment