About Me

I am a lover of story and the stories behind stories.

Monday, December 12, 2011

...in a blaze of colour and light, taking flight!


My most recent Facebook post:
So I'm lying there trying to sleep and failing. I reread the latest article i have on how the first thing to do to treat Fibromyalgia is to get a good night's sleep (and walk). I decide to get online and look up the one neurotransmitter they discuss in the report and there's my cousin-by-marriage, who has described the events of Christmas a few years ago. Talk about a "wake-up" call. I may be jobless, involved a rocky romance/marriage, sick and tired of being sick and tired, and feeling sorry for myself because I've lost my parents and the sense of myself that I had. BUT...I have friends and family who love me and would never let me go hungry, a roof over my head, electricity and (holy cow!) CABLE and internet, and my relative sanity. Doug and I may have problems, but he has not left this earth, or left me with children to raise on my own. The icing on the cake? I still have my faith in the Almighty to pull me through all of this and put me where I need to be when I need to be there. I still am certain that there is, indeed, a place for me in this world. I just don't know what it is or where it is yet. I'd say I'm Blessed Beyond Belief. God's giving me the opportunity for something brand new in my life. And I may be hibernating, or cocooning like a butterfly right now, but I'm gonna burst outta that cocoon in a blaze of color and light and take flight when I'm done with it!!!!!!
And that does a pretty good job of summing up what has been happening in my life recently. Not completely, of course. It doesn't say I am now back in school getting a degree in Business Administration, for instance.  Or that I've adopted 2 adorable kittens who are now about 6 months old. Hopefully that helps explain why my posts have been nonexistent since early July. The few times I did find I had something I wanted to post, I couldn't find the location of my blog anymore! (and isn't that a sad commentary!).
I read over my old posts, though, and I wish I had something enlightening or clever to say this time. I really do.
The sad fact is, I have Fibromyalgia. I haven't had insurance since November of last year, so I am dealing with it with over-the-counter supplements and other "homeopathic" remedies.  All the stress in my life derailed my progress since I found out about it (just before I lost my insurance, ironically enough).  There are days when it has taken all my strength just to do what I need to do in the real world.  Those are the days I hate the "real" world.  Practical is all well and good and honourable. However, for someone like me, it can be totally overwhelming.  It's a sad and sometimes depressing fact.  But I meant what I said in that Facebook post - I plan to come out of this in the end. Probably a better person for it all, too! So, I'm taking it a day at a time. I'll try to write more. I really will. I'd like to think someone is actually reading it other than me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment